Location and style
Our family-run B&B is located in an enchanting mountain landscape, in an area (the Camonica Valley) of great archaeological, historical-artistic and environmental value, in a place with a spectacular view of the valley and the mountains that surround us. The B&B L'Orto Di Balù, despite its simplicity, will welcome you in a welcoming environment with lots of small, but important, details to enjoy an eco-sustainable holiday.
You can, for example, visit;
- the first UNESCO site declared in Italy (the rock art of Camonica Valley);
- 3 of the most beautiful villages in Italy (including Bienno, where we are);
- the Eighteenth century wooden Via Crucis of Cerveno.
- long walks following the Cammino di Carlo Magno (the "Way of Charlemagne") and the Via Valeriana;
- discover the art installations of the "Bosco di Quercus" (that is Cerreto mountain where our Bed and Breakfast is located), created by the Borgo degli Artisti Bienno, with a medium difficulty trek, due to the altitude difference to be overcome to reach Rocco, the Owl -Giant with a spectacular view of the Camonica Valley.
Our B&B is the ideal location for families who love to travel and want to feel at home, for a romantic holiday in a quiet and reserved environment, for all those who wish to spend some time in an uncontaminated natural environment.
You can book rooms with different options for the bathroom (private or shared, the latter solution is ideal if you are traveling with family or friends), use our Wi-Fi for free, come back freely in the evening, take advantage of our internal parking (garage if you travel by motorbike or bicycle), enjoy our organic garden.
Our rooms are equipped with hairdryer, mirror and luggage rack. In addition you'll have a kettle at your disposal with teas, infusions and instant coffee.
You can stay in a maximum of 8 people:
- the 'Lavender Room' can accommodate max 4 people
- the 'Peperoncino Room' can accommodate max 2 people
- the 'Rosemary Room' can accommodate max 2 people
For us, breakfast time is a very important moment and we will serve it to you personally. You can help yourself at our rich and delicious buffet,
mainly based on local and organic products. Our "standard" breakfast is the Italian one, based on cakes, biscuits, cereal and yogurt. If you prefer to have a Continental breakfast just let us know when booking the room or a few day after your arrival.
Breakfast will be the moment when you can take advantage of our in-depth knowledge of the Camonica Valley and Lake Iseo to decide how to spend your vacation day.
We can both speak a good English, while Barbara also speaks French and Spanish.
We look forward to welcoming you during 2020 B&B Day.
PS If you travel with pets, we are sorry but we do not accept animals. You can easily find the structure that suits you most by using the search item on the webportal research system.
If you are looking for a fabulous breakfast - with genuine and organic ingredients - we are waiting for you!; -)
Barbara e Luca